[MEM] = memory
[ND] = neurodynamics
[BR] = brain recordings (iEEG/EEG/fMRI)
[DS] = dynamical/complex systems
[LL] = lifelogging
[MD] = methods
[NLP] = natural language processing
[REV] = review/commentary
PI's name is in bold font and other MANDA lab members' names are underlined.
3. [REV][MEM][LL][BR] Pooja, R.*, Ghosh, P.*, & Sreekumar, V. (2023, August 31). Towards an ecologically valid naturalistic cognitive neuroscience of episodic memory and event cognition: A literature review and synthesis. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/3je65
2. [ND][DS][BR] Sreekumar, V., Wittig, J. H., Inati, S. K., & Zaghloul, K. A. (2021, in revision). Low frequency traveling waves in the human cortex coordinate neural activity across spatial scales. bioRxiv. Doi.
1. [MEM][LL] Yim, H., Garrett, P., Baker, M., Sreekumar V., & Dennis, S. J (2019, submitted) Examining dependencies among different time scales in episodic memory - An experience sampling study. Doi
Peer-reviewed journal articles/conference proceedings
15. [ND][DS][BR][MEM] Tong, A. P., Sreekumar, V., Woolrich, M., Tan, H., Inati, S. K., & Zaghloul, K. (2022). Neural basis of transferable representations for efficient learning. Computational and Systems Neuroscience (COSYNE), Lisbon and Cascais, Portugal, 17-22 March, 2022. (Peer-reviewed conference, 54% acceptance rate, Doi)
14. [REV][MEM][LL] Sreekumar, V., Yim, H., Zaghloul, K. A., & Dennis, S. J. (2019). Dual processes in memory: Evidence from memory of time-of-occurrence of events. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 42 Doi
13. [LL][MD] Dennis, S., Yim, H., Garrett, P., Sreekumar, V., & Stone, B. (2019). A system for collecting and analyzing experience-sampling data. Behavior research methods 51(4), 1824-1838. Preprint Doi
12. [LL][MD] Dennis, S., Garrett, P., Yim, H., Hamm, J., Osth, A. F., Sreekumar, V., & Stone, B. (2019). Privacy versus open science. Behavior research methods 51(4), 1839-1848. Preprint Doi
11. [MEM][ND][BR] El-Kalliny, M., Wittig, J. Jr., Sheehan, T. C., Sreekumar, V., Inati, S., Kahana, M. J., & Zaghloul, K. (2019). Changing temporal context in human temporal lobe promotes memory of distinct episodes. Nature Communications 10(1), 203. Doi
10. [MEM][LL][BR] Sreekumar, V., Nielson, D. M., Smith, T. A., Dennis, S., & Sederberg, P. B. (2018). The experience of vivid autobiographical reminiscence is supported by subjective content representations in the precuneus. Scientific Reports, 8:14899. Doi ; Data and Code: GitHub.
9. [MD] Lakens, D., …, Sreekumar, V., …, Zwaan, R. (2018). Justify Your Alpha. Nature Human Behavior, 2, 168-171. preprint. Doi
All authors except first author listed alphabetically. VS contributed statistical analyses to the paper. Code: GitHub.
8. [MEM][DS][BR] Sheehan, T. C. *, Sreekumar, V.*, Inati, S., & Zaghloul, K. A. (2018). Signal complexity of human intracranial EEG tracks successful associative memory formation across individuals. Journal of Neuroscience, 38(7), 1744-1755. Preprint: bioRxiv 180240. doi: Doi
7. [REV] Sreekumar, V., Wittig, J. Jr., Sheehan, T. C., & Zaghloul, K. A. (2017). Principled approaches to direct brain stimulation for cognitive enhancement. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 11, 650. Doi
6. [REV] Sreekumar, V. (2017). Hippocampal activity patterns reflect the topology of space: Evidence from narrative coding. The Journal of Neuroscience, 37(25), 5975-5977. (Journal Club Article). Doi
5. [DS][NLP] Sreekumar, V., Dennis, S. and Doxas, I. (2017). The Episodic Nature of Experience: A Dynamical Systems Analysis. Cognitive Science(41), 1377–1393. Doi
4. [MEM][LL] Dennis S., Yim, H., Sreekumar, V., Evans, N. J., Garrett, P., & Sederberg, P. (2017). A hierarchical Bayesian model of “memory for when” based on experience sampling data. In G. Gunzelmann, A. Howes, T. Tenbrink, & E. Davelaar (Eds.), Proceedings of the 39th Annual Conference Cognitive Science Society. London, UK: Cognitive Science Society.
3. [MEM][LL][BR] Nielson, D. M., Smith, T. A., Sreekumar, V., Dennis, S., & Sederberg, P. B. (2015). Human hippocampus represents space and time during retrieval of real-world memories. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(35), 11078-11083. Doi Media coverage: link 1; link 2
2. [DS][LL] Sreekumar, V., Dennis, S., Doxas, I., Zhuang, Y., & Belkin, M. (2014). The geometry and dynamics of lifelogs: Discovering the organizational principles of human experience. PloS one, 9(5), e97166.
1. [DS][LL] Sreekumar, V., Dennis, S., Doxas, I., Zhuang, Y., & Belkin, M. (2010). The dimensionality of episodic images. In S. Ohlsson & R. Catrambone (eds.), Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. London, UK: Cognitive Science Society.
Other Conference presentations:
2. [MEM][NLP] Chandak, Y., & Sreekumar, V. (2022). Autobiographical memory retrieval and narrative flow. Selected for blitz and poster presentations at the 9th Annual Conference of Cognitive Science (ACCS9), IIT Delhi, December 8-10, 2022 (the first author however could not attend and present).
1. [MEM][NLP] Kumar, P., Xie, W., Bainbridge, W., & Sreekumar, V. (2022). Word memorability: A cross-cultural perspective. Poster presented at the 9th Annual Conference of Cognitive Science (ACCS9), IIT Delhi, December 8-10, 2022.
0. [MEM][NLP] Kumar, P., & Sreekumar, V. (2021). Word memorability: A cross-cultural perspective. Poster presented at the 1st Context and Episodic Memory Symposium International (CEMSi), virtual conference, November, 2021.